It happened Saturday, as Bishop Malesic ordained six men to the Order of Deacon in Cleveland’s Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist.
- Robert John Blackburn, St. Basil the Great Parish, Brecksville. He is married to Allison Blackburn and they have five children, three sons and two daughters.
- Andrew Joseph Davis, St. Vincent de Paul Parish, Akron. A clinical director for Catholic Charities, he is married to Christine Davis and they have five children, four daughters and one son.
- William Gerard Elwer, St. Jude Parish, Elyria. An integration services manager, he is married to Michelle Elwer and they have two children, a son and a daughter.
- Michael Dominic Mucic, St. Mary of the Falls Parish, Olmsted Falls. A retired Navy veteran, he is married to Carolyn Mucic and they have two children, a son and a daughter.
- Robert Joseph Stegmaier, Nativity of the Lord Parish, Akron. He is retired and married to Kathleen Stegimaier. They have two children, a son and a daughter.
- Thomas William Ward, SS. Robert and William Parish, Euclid, and the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist. A police officer, he is married to Christine Ward and they have four children, two daughters and two sons.
The men completed their education at Saint Mary Seminary and Graduate School of Theology and a multi-year program of formation focusing on human, spiritual, intellectual and pastoral pillars.
Congratulations, brothers, and welcome! Ad multos annos!